After trying for 11 years I admit it - I'm a cocktail surfer. I've known this for a long time now and my closest circle (husband) knows it too.
What is a cocktail surfer?
- Someone who mostly tell others they surf because they think it sounds cool and to shock them a bit because you don't look like a person that would surf.
- Someone who normally learn things very easily but for some reason doesn't get the hang of this and therefore will forever struggle - and see it more as a long term life challenge than anything else.
- Someone who only surfs when the conditions are perfect, which in this case means, you don't get smashed too badly if, I mean WHEN, you fall. AND preferably when you can walk out to the break (as it's a point break), surf in to the beach, then walk out again.
- Someone who stops surfing after catching 5 good waves as they don't want to jinx not succeeding in the coming ones.
- Someone who continues to try to learn as they know it will be an awesome holiday with their kids as everyone will do something together and get super tired afterwards.
- Someone who prefers to surf in conditions where no wet suit is required. And if it's required only surfs once a day because it's too much of a hassle to put it on when it's wet.
I've come to terms with it and it's okay. Anyone else?