First times I traveled with my husband it changed my life! Not because I hadn't traveled before. At that time I had even had time to live in Maputo, Valencia and Mallorca. No, it was his way of traveling that changed my perspective. What was the difference?
He did the things I was always told I wasn't allowed to do by my parents such as
- eat ice-scream (cause you could get food poisoning from the ice-scream having been melted and then frozen again)
- eat the local food from booths that had or might have had flies buzzing around it (again, food poisoning risk)
- realized how amazing the local food was
- got food poisoning from eating a pizza at a restaurant rather than the local food
- had amaaaazing cold ice-scream in the heat (I did get food poisoning from eating melted ice-scream once though, in Sweden, it was terrible...)
I can only imagine how many rules I wouldn't break if I hadn't met him....how boring my life would have been.